The types of projects that may be supported through the scheme include those that bring about benefits for:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Access, engagement and understanding
- Sustainable tourism & the local economy
See below for more details about these areas of interest and the criteria for Enhancement Projects.
In addition, projects should contribute towards the Mend the Gap vision:
“The outstanding landscape that links the Chilterns and the North Wessex Downs will be enhanced and enriched for wildlife, residents and visitors, helping to heal and soften the scars left by electrification of the Great Western main line.”
and should be aligned with one or both of the statutory purposes of the AONBs:
- To conserve and enhance the natural beauty of the AONBs.
- To increase the understanding and enjoyment by the public of the special qualities of the AONBs
Mend the Gap is interested in hearing from organisations and individuals who share some of the programme’s objectives, who may already be making a difference within the programme area and/or the AONBs.
Does your project:
• Have beneficiaries that use or live in the programme area,
• Support nature restoration in the programme area or Thames River catchment,
• Have the permissions in place or not need permissions or licenses to progress.
If so, please email the programme team on firstname.lastname@example.org